Career High School Diploma Terms and Conditions
The Keystone School, a division of K¹² Inc., offers a subscription payment model for the Keystone Adult Learning Career High School Diploma Program as described by these terms and conditions.
1. You, as the Responsible Party, by authorizing this enrollment in the Keystone School, accept and agree to be bound by the Agreement's terms and conditions until the terms of your enrollment have been met by either graduating or withdrawing from the program. Additionally, you authorize Keystone to initiate debit or charge entries to the account provided in this agreement, or through any subsequent account provided. Your authorization will terminate when your enrollment has ended
2. This is a monthly subscription that automatically renews for additional one-month periods until cancelled. The initial one-month cost is at the current monthly subscription charge. Subsequent one-month charges will be at the monthly subscription charge in effect on the date of renewal. You will be charged pursuant to the method and terms of payment you indicated during checkout. Your subscription will continue for 18 months, for one-month terms, until you cancel it or graduate. You can cancel it by notifying Keystone by telephone at 1-844-363-5206 between 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM ET, Monday – Friday (holidays excluded). California residents who order online can cancel online by clicking in this link:
Cancellations will become effective at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on the date you notify Keystone. To cancel before a new one-month term, you must cancel at least the last weekday (holidays excluded) before the new term begins. By submitting your order, you are agreeing to these terms.
3. If your financial institution returns your payment, a $25 Keystone Returned Payment Fee will be automatically deducted from the account on file, associated with this agreement. A Keystone Returned Payment Fee will be assessed for each payment attempt that is returned. If any Keystone fees are returned, they will be reattempted. Keystone fees are subject to change in future academic years.
4. If the Automatic Bank payment or Credit Card payment date falls on a weekend or a banking holiday observed by the Federal Reserve, the payment will be attempted on the next business day. Although Keystone specifies the date each payment will occur, your financial institution determines the time of day the payment is debited to the account.
5. Depending upon the institution's policy, payments returned by your financial institution will be automatically reattempted.
6. You may make changes to the information you provide in this agreement by contacting Keystone. In the event that you authorize additional services from Keystone, or in the event that additional fees are assessed by Keystone in accordance with Keystone's policy and as a result of changes authorized by you, you understand that the total balance due and/or payment amount will change. You agree that your authorization of any such change shall constitute your authorization to change the payment amount and/or to continue payments until the total balance due is paid in full.
7. You do not require Keystone to send advance notice of any adjustments resulting from any such changed authorization, which includes any reduction in the balance due and/or payment as a result of financial aid, or any other similar cause. However, a copy of any such changed authorization is to be provided to you by Keystone.
8. If there will be any change in the preauthorized payment amount other than a changed authorization, as described above, Keystone will give you notice of such changed payment amount at least ten (10) days in advance of the next scheduled payment.
9. Any and all inconsistencies in the information you provide to Keystone will be resolved in the confirmation notification sent to you from Keystone.
10. You acknowledge that the origination of ACH transactions to your account must comply with the provisions of U.S. law. Your authorization for ACH transactions will remain in effect until cancelled in writing. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania. The District Court of Columbia County, PA shall be the sole venue for filing any action. Upon the demand of you or Keystone, any dispute concerning the parties' duties or liabilities under this agreement shall be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the terms of this agreement. Arbitration proceedings shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) or such other administrator as the parties shall mutually agree upon in accordance with the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules. All disputes submitted to arbitration shall be resolved in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (Title 9 of the United States Code), notwithstanding any conflicting choice of law provision. The arbitration shall be conducted at a location in Pennsylvania selected by the AAA or other administrator. Allstatutes of limitation applicable to any dispute shall apply to any arbitration proceeding. All discovery activities shall be expressly limited to matters directly relevant to the dispute being arbitrated. Judgment upon any award rendered in arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
This policy applies to cancellation of enrollment in the Keystone Adult Career Diploma Program. To request cancellation, call Keystone Student Services at 1-800-255-4937. Tuition refunds will be based on the date of cancellation and the percentage of the program completed as follows:
1. If a student cancels his/her enrollment in the program within 30 days after midnight of the date the Enrollment Agreement is accepted (the Cancellation Period), all monies paid to Keystone will be refunded.
2. If a student cancels his/her enrollment after submission of the first completed lesson, but prior to completion of the program*, minimum refunds shall be calculated as follows:
a. Up to and including completion of the first 10% of the program, the school shall refund 90% of the monthly subscription amount for the month of cancellation. Future payments will be canceled.
b. Beyond completion of 10% of the program and up to and including completion of 25% of the program, the school shall refund 75% of the monthly subscription amount for the month of cancellation. Future payments will be canceled.
c. Beyond completion of 25% of the program and up to and including completion of 50% of the program, the school shall refund 50% of the monthly subscription amount for the month of cancellation. Future payments will be canceled.
d. Beyond completion of 50% of the program, a student is entitled to no refund for the month of cancellation. Future payments will be canceled.
3. The percentage of the program completed shall be determined by comparing the number of completed courses by the student to the total number of courses to complete the diploma program.
*Due to US Treasury requirements, Keystone cannot offer refunds to students with a non-US address.
Thank you for your interest in The Keystone School!
One of our enrollment consultants will contact you soon. In the meantime, please feel free to explore our website!