Admissions & Graduation Requirements
Admission to Keystone's Programs for Grades K–12
All students seeking to enroll in Keystone's programs must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the English language.
Check your State and District Homeschool Requirements
Any student who is of compulsory age must comply with homeschool requirements dictated by their school district and state. You need to check the requirements of your district and state to ensure the Keystone high school program meets the requisite homeschool requirements.*
Completion of Eighth Grade
Students enrolling in Keystone's high school program must be able to provide proof of completing the eighth grade.
For students who do not have any other documentation for academic admissions to the ninth grade (e.g., prior homeschool students), the following guidelines will apply:
- If a student is 14 years or older, he or she is considered "age appropriate" for ninth grade and may enroll in Keystone's online high school program, using a birth certificate or other official documentation as proof.
- If a student is under 14 years of age, he or she must show proof of eighth-grade completion through one of these options:
- A middle school grade report or transcript
- A certificate of eighth-grade completion
- Standardized test scores showing eighth-grade achievement or higher (Keystone recommends the Iowa test.)
- A homeschool portfolio
Graduating from Keystone
When a student meets Keystone graduation requirements, he or she is awarded a high school diploma from The Keystone School. This diploma is the same as one received from any public or private high school in the United States.
To receive a Keystone high school diploma, students must:
- earn a total of 21 credits or more between grades 9-12
- take at least five credits with Keystone, one credit each in the areas of English, math, science, and social studies, and one additional credit of choice, elective or core
Though the minimum diploma requirement is 21 credits, we encourage students to develop a four-year learning plan and take courses that will provide them the best foundation for college or career, even if that means earning more than 21 credits. College bound students are encouraged to take at least two credits of the same world language as part of their electives.
Get more specific details about Keystone's Graduation Requirements and Policies.
* Families are responsible for making sure they are complying with Homeschool requirements. Keystone is NOT responsible to notify or make families aware of homeschool state rules/regulations. Students interested in enrolling in Keystone should register with their state's Department of Education as a homeschooled student and follow any rules/regulations that apply.
Please note that The Keystone School is not able to accept enrollments from students located in the following countries: Bahrain, Crimea, Cuba, Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and member countries of the EU.
Thank you for your interest in The Keystone School!
One of our enrollment consultants will contact you soon. In the meantime, please feel free to explore our website!