Keystone Scholarship Program
The Keystone School awards up to three high school scholarships for tuition-free full-time enrollment for the 2020–2021 school year to new or returning students entering the 9th grade who demonstrate both high academic potential and family financial need. Keystone also awards one middle school scholarships for tuition-free full-time enrollment for the 2020–2021 school year to new or returning students entering the 6th grade who demonstrate both high academic potential and family financial need. Students wishing to be considered for one of the scholarships must complete the application process and submit all requested materials no later than July 1, 2020.
Scholarship Application 2020–2021
Applications are now being accepted for K12 Scholarships to attend The Keystone School. Download each of the documents below and follow the instructions to submit your application.
Students who are awarded a scholarship will also receive:
- All services and support available to full-time students, including Student Success Advisor support, engagement monitoring, college counseling, and instructional support from certified teachers
- An assigned mentor who will meet regularly with the student and provide additional support, encouragement, and connections with other resources as necessary
- All online and hands-on learning materials available to full-time students
Who Can Apply?
For HS: Students who are entering the 9th grade in the fall semester for the 2020–2021 school year with a grade point average of 3.0 (letter grade B) and meet the scholarship’s economic needs guidelines.
For MS: Students who are entering the 6th grade in the fall semester for the 2020–2021 school year with an average letter grade of B and meet the scholarship’s economic needs guidelines.
The merit-based scholarships will be awarded following evaluation of the three student essays, grade point average, two letters of recommendation, Parent Information Form, financial need, and student introduction.
- The scholarship committee will rate all required components on applications.
- Before final selection, candidates will be interviewed by phone or Skype.
- Scholarship recipients can expect to be notified in August of 2020. Students receiving a scholarship and their parent/guardian must complete a form agreeing to the terms of the scholarship program.
- After final scholarship acceptances are completed and agreement forms signed, applicants who were not selected will receive e-mail notifications.
Our goal is to renew scholarships for all four years of high school for the awarded students. Annual scholarship renewal decisions are made based on the student’s engagement and academic progress and will be determined each May. To be eligible for renewal, students must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA(HS) or average letter grade of B(MS) for each scholarship year
- Maintain course pacing requirements, completing courses on time without extensions
- Meet student activity requirements as identified in the Student Activity Policy
- Participate in all mentoring meetings and activities unless excused by the mentor
For questions about the scholarship renewal process, e-mail scholarshipcommittee@K12.com.
Thank you for your interest in The Keystone School!
One of our enrollment consultants will contact you soon. In the meantime, please feel free to explore our website!